Thursday 24 November 2011

Thinking, Reviewing and Planning

My first project has pulled me up short. I've realised that when it comes to photographing people I don't really know what I'm doing. I read the notes and understand what is required but I find it difficult to put into practice. I've never been that good at interacting with other people and when I ask a subject to pose in different positions that look convincing (even people I know) I find myself floundering. I knew this would be the case. It's why I set myself the challenge of doing People and Place.

For the last few days, rather than continue with the projects, I've been reading some web tips on how to take portraits. I've also joined a Flickr portrait group and signed up for a one day course in January. I also need lots and lots of practice - starting with hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment